Friday, June 13, 2008

has-been or will-be?

I used to be an athlete.

A college athlete even. But that seems like ages ago. In fact, I would say that my athletic career probably peeked in my senior year of high school.

I still play a little bit of basketball at the park when I can if I'm not too tired or if I don't feel like doing anything else...but that's about it.

And I certainly never run. Never. Actually, last year I was the only one of my roommates who didn't have a gym membership (slash: didn't wake up at 6 freaking o'clock in the morning to run miles and miles and miles...).

So you can imagine people's response when I tell them that I've decided to run the Chicago Marathon this year. Even my parents didn't believe me (each of the four times I assured them I was being serious).

But I am.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

you are the most will-be i know.