Thursday, June 19, 2008

the wrong foot.

Well, I'm just back to Chicago from the Hunger Justice Leaders Conference in Washington, D.C., with Bread for the World, and I feel both exhausted and rejuvenated (if that's possible).

The exhausted part comes primarily from several days of a very upset stomach. In fact, I haven't really eaten anything at all since Monday afternoon (I had half a granola bar on Tuesday. That's it.). Compounding that...it was just a generally packed week. The conference was scheduled from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day, in addition to time spent trying to get to know as many of the other young people there. So yes, exhausted.

So needless to say, my training is not going very well, which makes me a little nervous for the 7-miler on Saturday.

But at the same time, I feel rejuvenated from a week full of learning about issues related to world hunger and poverty, meeting other people who are part of the fight against these problems, and celebrating the impact that we, even as individuals, can have.

I feel encouraged in my efforts and convicted in my running.

Lunch today will be my first meal in 3 days, and tonight's run will be the first in so many as well. I'm looking forward to both.

No comments: